Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How True....

Boy, did I need to hear this today.  In the midst of all three of us being sick off and on for the last two weeks, and now Mommy having another cold and Daddy's sinus infection still hanging out, it's been rough.  But I saw an email from The Gypsy Mama today on the growing pains of motherhood.  Even though I'm so tired and had to deal with 1,000 meltdowns in the three hours I actually saw my child, I'm doing a good job.  Every time I don't lose my patience, or I take time to kiss her, or rub her head, or give her a hug, I'm growing and learning and so is she.  She is learning that Mommy and Daddy mean business, but in a loving and caring way.  I know she is just testing her boundaries (like any kid), but boy, does it wear a girl out.  But, in spite of all that, our family is growing and learning together.  Learning to love, learning to be a family....

No comments:

Post a Comment